A Rich Club History
In 1957, Mr. John P. Baum called together a group of prominent locals to discuss the formation of a country club in Milledgeville. After many meetings, the gentlemen formed Lake Sinclair Corporation, and the planning and negotiations were underway for The Club at Lake Sinclair. In 1959, the corporation purchased a 134 acre tract of land from Owen-Illinois Company at a cost of $21,918.38. Construction on the first 9 holes of the golf course and the clubhouse began in July of 1959, and the course hosted its first round of golf on September 10, 1960. The clubhouse officially opened the following December. In 1961, the Golf Shop was built and as time progressed, so did the Club with the addition of a swimming pool and tennis courts. The Club at Lake Sinclair has over 50 great years of tradition filled with lots of change and growth. The Club continues to grow and offer the community the best in amenities while maintaining its true southern heritage. Come visit us today and be a part of the next 50 years at The Club at Lake Sinclair!